When used correctly, Essential Oils can be beneficial for our furry babies and without negative side effects and.
In general, it’s best to start with more diluted essential oils when introducing them topically to your pet. You can always increase the concentration if need it, but it is difficult to remove an essential oil once it has already been absorbed.
As always, each animal is unique and your pet may be more sensitive than others. Observe their behavior and they will tell you
HOW CAN YOUR DOG BENEFIT FROM ESSENTIAL OILS?
- Spray diluted essential oil into the air
- Put a drop of oil on your hands and allow the animal to inhale
- Use a cloth, cotton ball, or tissue1-2 drops of oil near the animal, or on bedding
- Steam: 1-2 drops of Essential Oil in hot water
- Use safe humidifier and apply essential oils into water
- Place a drop of oil on a cotton ball and insert into a fan near the animal or directly in an air filter in your home
Dilute with a carrier oil like coconut oil, before applying topically. Avoid genitals, nose, eyes, and face as it can be too overwhelming for their nose.
- Rub a drop of oil on your hands and apply to your pet’s the spine or pet’s hair backward
- Massage your furry friend after applying an oil to your hands
- Discover reflexology points
- Apply to the tips of ears
- Apply directly to their area of interest
- Mix a drop in their shampoo during a bath
- Apply 1 drop of essential oil in 2 cups of ice water for a cold compress or hot water for a hot compress, soak in a natural cloth, wring out then apply to the skin
Essential oils should indicate on the label that it is for internal use! The general recommendation is that you don’t give more than 1-2 drops at any given time.
- If your dog is hesitant, add 1-2 drops of carrier oil in a capsule and put it under a tongue
- Mixed with wet food
- Rub a drop of almost dry oil on your finger to pets’ gums
- 1 drop essential oil per 2 cups of drinking water
- Looking for a healthy smile?. Mix 1 drop of essential oil with 2 tablespoons of baking soda. Add enough water to make a paste. Use only a dab of paste to brush teeth for natural oral hygiene (homemade toothpaste)
COCONUT OIL BENEFITS
Coconut Oil is great carrier oil and beneficial for improving general health and digestion, prevention and treatment of yeast and fungal infections, disinfecting wounds, clarifying and calming skin allergies and dryness, reduces arthritis pain and ligament problems. It is also hydrating to the skin to add ¼ Tbsp per every 10 lbs of body weight twice daily into their food.
The information provided on this page is not intended to be taken as professional medical advice, as I am not the Veterinarian. This is purely my way of sharing my experiences with essential oils. Please consult your veterinarian regarding any specific health concerns.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Federal Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. Please read the bottles prior use and always do a patch test first.